Chris is an associate lawyer and member of the Litigation and Dispute Resolution Group at Gardiner Roberts LLP. Chris’ practice focuses on construction as well as general corporate and commercial litigation, with an emphasis on professional liability. Chris has successfully represented clients at all levels of court in Ontario.
Prior to joining the firm as an associate in 2016, Chris summered and articled with Gardiner Roberts. Chris has successfully represented clients at all levels of court in Ontario.
- Children’s Aid Society of Peel Region v. M.H. and S.H., 2018 ONSC 1589
- Peel Children's Aid Society v. M.H., 2018 ONCA 619
- Ernst & Young Inc. v. Aquino, 2021 ONSC 527 (CanLII)
- Nguyen v. Dam, 2019 ONSC 2614 (CanLII)
- Pauwa North America Development Group Co. Ltd. v. Skyline Port McNicoll (Development) Inc., 2022 ONSC 1916 (CanLII)
- Pauwa North America Development Group Co. Ltd. v. Skyline Port McNicoll (Development) Inc., 2021 ONSC 18 (CanLII)
Articles and Presentations
- Recognizing Drug Addiction as a Ground for Discrimination under Human Rights Legislation – Stewart v. Elk Valley Coal Corp. 2017 SCC 30 - September 27, 2017
- Ineffective Assistance of Counsel in the Civil Context: The case of SMTCL Canada Inc. v. Master Tech Inc., 2017 ONCA 291 - May 9, 2017
- “Fashion Santa”: An Intellectual Property Yuletide Carol - December 21, 2016
- Toronto Plans Looks To Boost Road Safety - July 20, 2016
- Member, Law Society of Upper Canada
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, The Advocates’ Society
- Member, Toronto Lawyers’ Association
- Member, The Osgoode Society for Canadian Legal History
Beyond the Office
Outside the office, Chris enjoys hiking, playing ice hockey with friends and reading geopolitical periodicals.