Over the past few years, a number of factors have made securities and corporate finance transactions increasingly complex requiring the skills of seasoned specialists to unravel the damage done by fluctuating markets, economic uncertainty, regulatory changes and increased shareholder scrutiny. Gardiner Roberts’ Securities and Corporate Finance Group comprises experienced legal specialists who regularly handle all aspects of securities law and corporate finance, including public offerings, venture capital financing, takeover and issuer bids, mergers and acquisitions, private placements and the hands‐on, full service counselling of private companies.
Our Securities and Corporate Finance Group’s comprehensive understanding of Canada’s financial landscape, our grasp of the array of financial products and services available and our insights into the sea of regulatory change combines with Gardiner Roberts’ multi‐disciplinary, one‐team approach - which includes tax, banking, pension fund, competition, intellectual property and litigation specialists - to bring you the Big Picture perspective. This provides you with seamless solutions across wide‐ranging issues: from the navigation of securities and corporate finance transactions to matters involving initial public offerings, liquidity events, mergers and acquisitions and stock exchange listings.
No matter which side of the transaction you may be on, our Securities and Corporate Finance Group is equipped to provide you with entrepreneurial‐friendly thought leadership and the legal expertise to steer you through the complex regulatory framework towards achieving the business goals essential to your success.
Rely on Gardiner Roberts’ Securities and Corporate Finance Group for qualified answers on how best to measure risk tolerance, for sound advice on public and private offerings of equity and debt securities and for how best to remain compliant with current securities laws and disclosure. Gardiner Roberts’ Securities and Corporate Finance Group provides innovative thinking with the advantage of delivering sound cost‐effective legal strategies for the best possible outcomes while remaining focused on your goals and business objectives.
The lawyers in our Securities and Corporate Finance Group provide expertise in the following areas:
- initial and secondary public offerings of equity and debt securities, including capital pool corporation transactions;
- listings on the Toronto Stock Exchange, the TSX Venture Exchange and other Canadian and international stock exchanges and markets;
- private placements, including flow‐through financings;
- mergers and acquisitions involving both public and private corporations, including by way of plan of arrangement, formal and exempt takeover bids and amalgamation;
- advising special committees of boards in relation to related party transactions and other issues;
- advising with respect to a broad range of corporate governance issues;
- advising with respect to continuous disclosure obligations and regulatory compliance; and
- acting for registrants in applications for registration, compliance matters and disciplinary and other regulatory proceedings.