Zev is co-chair of the firm’s Real Estate Department and also practices in the area of corporate commercial law. He is also a member of the firm’s Executive Committee and Compensation Committee.
Zev acts for owners, developers, lenders, landlords, property and asset managers and tenants of all types of multi-residential, office, retirement home and retail properties in regards to negotiating acquisitions and sales, sophisticated commercial leases and related agreements as well as the structuring of such transactions. He also acts on behalf of Tier 1 lenders, Schedule I banks and lending syndicates and corporate borrowers for primary, secondary, mezzanine and construction real property loan facilities.
Zev also practices corporate commercial law, with an emphasis on asset and share acquisitions and financing and corporate structuring. He has had significant exposure to a wide variety of transactional work for both private and public companies as well as start-up, technology companies.
Zev prides himself on delivering professional and practical advice to his clients in a very efficient and timely manner.
- Commercial Lending Where There is a Limited Partnership - August 2, 2023
- What is an Enforceability Opinion and do I need one? - May 31, 2023
- I’m a Lender! How do I get my 3-month Interest Penalty on a Borrower Default? - April 26, 2023
- PPSA Registrations for a GSA vs for a Guarantee - March 15, 2023
- Everest Finance Corporation v. Jonker, 2023 ONCA 87 - February 9, 2023
- Lending Against a Partial Beneficial Interest? - January 26, 2023
- How Do I Get All My Lender Fees? - December 14, 2022
- Is Your Demand Loan Demandable? - November 8, 2022
- Mortgage Assumptions and VTBs in a Rising Interest Rate Market - October 13, 2022
- How Do I Lend to LPs & REITs? - September 13, 2022
- 1-Minute Read for Commercial Mortgage Lenders: Beneficial Ownership vs. Registered - August 23, 2022
- Best Lawyers in Canada – 2021 - present (Banking and Finance Law)
- Best Lawyers in Canada – 2021 - present (Real Estate Law)
- Law Society of Ontario
- Ontario Bar Association
- Ontario Retirement Communities Association