Tamara’s practice focuses on all aspects of commercial real estate law with a particular concentration on acquisitions and dispositions, ground leasing, joint ventures, landlord and tenant side leasing and real estate financing. Tamara has represented borrowers and lenders in a variety of secured transactions including securitized financings, participations and syndications secured by a range of property types such as hotels, shopping centres, medical office buildings, assisted living facilities, office buildings and power plants. Tamara also has represented lenders in the restructuring and workout of a variety of commercial mortgage loan transactions involving forbearance agreements, deed-in-lieu agreements and other consensual foreclosure arrangements.
Prior to joining Gardiner Roberts LLP in 2012, Tamara practised real estate law with Latham & Watkins LLP in New York.
- Acted for landowner in joint venture with a Canadian REIT for the development of three sites in Ontario
- Acted for major international retailer in the negotiation of store leases in Greater Toronto Area
- Acted for asset manager/pension funds on the acquisition of a major commercial/retail centre in British Columbia
- Acted for project company on various wind and green energy projects located in Ontario
- Acted for purchaser on the purchase of a portfolio of 14 long term care facilities in Ontario
Articles and Presentations
- Legal Issues and Remedies for Hoarding in Multi-Residential Buildings, Canadian Property Management: GTA & Beyond, to be published
- Introduction to Sunset Issues - Terminating and Delivery Up Without Regret, with Robert Schwartz, ICSC 2014
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Ontario Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association