Tamara’s practice focuses on all aspects of commercial real estate law with a particular concentration on acquisitions and dispositions, ground leasing, joint ventures, landlord and tenant side leasing and real estate financing. Tamara has represented borrowers and lenders in a variety of secured transactions including securitized financings, participations and syndications secured by a range of property types such as hotels, shopping centres, medical office buildings, assisted living facilities, office buildings and power plants. Tamara also has represented lenders in the restructuring and workout of a variety of commercial mortgage loan transactions involving forbearance agreements, deed-in-lieu agreements and other consensual foreclosure arrangements.
Prior to joining Gardiner Roberts LLP in 2012, Tamara practised real estate law with Latham & Watkins LLP in New York.
- Acted for landowner in joint venture with a Canadian REIT for the development of three sites in Ontario
- Acted for major international retailer in the negotiation of store leases in Greater Toronto Area
- Acted for asset manager/pension funds on the acquisition of a major commercial/retail centre in British Columbia
- Acted for project company on various wind and green energy projects located in Ontario
- Acted for purchaser on the purchase of a portfolio of 14 long term care facilities in Ontario
Articles and Presentations
- Author of Chapter 6: Tenant’s Wrongful Removal of Goods or Chattels published in Harvey Haber’s Distress: A Commercial Landlords Remedy, Second Edition
- Author of Chapter 9: The Rights and Obligations of the Original Tenant and Subsequent Tenants after an Assignment of Lease published in Harvey Haber’s Assignment, Subletting and Change of Control, Second Edition (forthcoming – October 2023)
- Best Lawyers in Canada 2022-2024 for Real Estate Law
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Ontario Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association