Jane is a member of the Gardiner Roberts Dispute Resolution Group. Jane has a commercial litigation practice with a focus on professional negligence, real estate and title insurance litigation and employment litigation.
Jane routinely defends lawyers against claims of professional negligence. Jane has successfully defended lawyers in many areas of practice, including real estate, litigation, corporate, family law, estates, trust and tax.
Jane also provides advice to clients relating to all areas of the employment relationship. Jane’s practice includes drafting and reviewing employment agreements and providing advice regarding restrictive covenants. Jane also provides advice to employers and employees regarding human rights issues and work place investigations. Jane routinely assists clients in resolving issues arising from the termination of the employment relationship through settlement negotiations or through litigation.
Jane has appeared as lead counsel on trials, applications and motions in the Superior Court of Justice. Jane has also appeared as lead counsel on appeals before the Court of Appeal and the Divisional Court.
Jane is known for providing practical advice and recommending creative and cost effective strategies to achieve excellent results for her clients.
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Mason v. Shatford, 2014 ONSC 3580 (CanLII)
- Hoang v. Nguyen, 2013 ONSC 6242 (CanLII)
- 719083 Ontario Limited v. 2174112 Ontario Inc., 2013 ONCA 11 (CanLII)
- Duffin v. Norina Holdings Inc., 2011 ONSC 6431 (CanLII)
Articles and Presentations
- Employment Law: FAQ 2016 - November 11, 2016
- Purchase of Title Insurance a Buyer's Issue: Sellers’ Claim Against Lawyer for Failing to Advise of Insurance Purchase Dismissed - July 14, 2016
- GR Lawyers Obtain Dismissal of Municipal Conflict of Interest Case Against Ford Brothers - April 21, 2016
- Family Law Act Remedy Trumps Professional Liability Claim - August 18, 2015
- Employee Disability and the Employer's Duty to Accommodate - October 28, 2014
- The Employer - Taking With You Only What You Can Take - June 7, 2013
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Ontario Bar Association
- Toronto Lawyers’ Association
- Advocates’ Society