Jonathan is an associate with Gardiner Roberts and a member of the Dispute Resolution Group and the Municipal and Land Use Group. Jonathan joined the firm as an associate in 2017 and also summered and articled with Gardiner Roberts prior to that time. Jonathan has a varied practice and focuses on corporate and commercial litigation, municipal and land use, professional liability, regulatory and compliance, and intellectual property.
Jonathan has appeared before the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, the Ontario Court of Appeal, the Federal Court, and the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal (formally the Ontario Municipal Board). He has also represented clients before the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario.
Jonathan also acts as a prosecutor for various Conservation Authorities regarding the prosecution of offences under the Conservation Authorities Act in the Ontario Court of Justice.
While at Queen’s University, Jonathan was the host of Pro Bono Radio. Jonathan competed in Vienna, Austria for the Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot where he won a top oralist designation.
Articles and Presentations
- Cannabis, Compliance, and Trust - July 26, 2019
- Stone(d) Walled: Cannabis Production and Municipal Zoning By-Laws - November 20, 2018
- A Primer on Ontario’s New Cannabis Legislation - October 2, 2018
- Ontario Legislature Tabling New Cannabis Retail Framework Legislation - September 27, 2018
- Current Theater Company – Board Member