As a partner in the Business and Corporate Commercial Group, Jennifer provides practical and cost-effective legal advice to Canadian and foreign businesses as well as individuals, assisting clients in the areas of business start-ups and reorganizations, corporate governance, financings, share and asset acquisitions and sales as well as commercial agreements.
As a partner in the Tax and Estate Planning Group, Jennifer provides estate planning and estate administration advice to individuals and succession planning for family and private businesses as well as substitute decision-making and mental capacity planning advice. Jennifer also prepares tax-planned and non-tax planned Wills, inter-vivos and testamentary trusts as well as Continuing Powers of Attorney for Property and Powers of Attorney for Personal Care.
- Acted for vendors on several divestiture transactions in the Canadian automotive industry.
- Represented and negotiated on behalf of resident and non-resident purchasers on acquisitions and commercial agreements in various industries including technology/software, equipment manufacturing, food and beverage, language schools and automotive.
- Acted for individuals and corporations in negotiating shareholders agreements and various corporate governance documents.
- Assisted an executor with the timely and efficient administration of an estate involving the distribution to over 80 charitable organizations.
- Acted for a foreign lender on asset-based lending in Canada.
- Best Lawyers in Canada 2024 (Trusts and Estates)
- Law Society of Ontario – member since 2002
- The Canadian and Ontario Bar Associations – Business Law and Estates and Trusts Law
Beyond the Office
During the spring and summer months Jennifer can be found at the local baseball diamond cheering on her son. Come winter she transforms into a proud hockey mom. She and her family also follow the Toronto Blue Jays….literally. Every year she and her family travel to a different city to catch a ball game.