Ian is an associate and practices in the areas of Tax and Estate Planning, Business and Corporate Commercial Law and Non-Profit and Charities Law.
Ian advises on tax and estate planning, as well as other corporate and commercial matters, including corporate restructuring, contracts and transactional work. His practice includes Canadian income tax for individuals, corporations and trusts.
Ian also provides corporate and commercial services, including charities and not-for-profits operating in Canada and internationally. Ian can assist with incorporation, continuance, charitable registration, dissolution, and general commercial services, and he assists clients on questions of governance, by-laws, regulatory compliance, and real estate matters.
Prior to joining the firm as an associate in 2020, Ian worked as a summer and articling student at Gardiner Roberts LLP
Articles and Presentations
- Viewing the Supreme Court of Canada’s Decision in Callow Through a Compliance Lens – Municipal Liability Risk Management; Lexis Nexis, March 2021
- 2022: Important Changes to Wills and Power of Attorney Legislation - February 18, 2022
- Update: New Reporting Requirements For Trusts - January 20, 2022
- Snow washing is now more difficult in Canada, but at what cost? - May 26, 2021
- Facebook To Pay $9 Million Penalty Under Canada’s Competition Act - June 3, 2020
- Frustration and Pandemic - A Long Term Perspective on COVID-19 and Frustration of Contracts - April 2, 2020
- Yachad, the Canadian Jewish Council for Disabilities - Director