Eliza is a lawyer in the firm’s Business and Corporate Commercial and Securities and Corporate Finance groups, where she assists a wide range of clients, from start-ups to large multinational organizations. Eliza’s practice is focused primarily in the areas of corporate and securities law and she has considerable experience advising on mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, private equity transactions, venture capital investments, strategic alliances, corporate finance (including debt and equity offerings), corporate governance and general commercial negotiations.
Prior to joining Gardiner Roberts, Eliza practiced corporate law in both New York and Toronto at preeminent firms. She has a diverse background working on various corporate transactions and has represented both domestic and international clients.
- Represented Waterfall Asset Management, LLC/Credit Suisse as subordinate lender in connection with the acquisition finance by J.C. Flowers & Co. LLC and Värde Partners of Fairstone Financial Inc., formerly CitiFinancial Canada, a personal lender and retail financier, from an affiliate of Citigroup Inc
- Represented Global Jet Capital, on Canadian matters, in its purchase of the aircraft lease and loan portfolio of GE Capital Corporate Aircraft in the Americas representing approximately US$2.5 billion of net assets.
- Represented Apollo Global Management, LLC, on Canadian matters, in its take-private acquisition of the OM Group, Inc., a technology-driven diversified industrial company, for US$34.00 per share in cash for a total of approximately US$1.03 billion.
- Represented initial purchasers and underwriters in connection with various debt and equity financings.
Articles and Presentations
- M&A trends and how to add value in medtech deals – May 23, 2017
- Doggone?: the ascent (and potential decline) of pet M&A – January 31, 2017
- What Basel III means for escrow management – August 11, 2016
- Law Society of Ontario
- Ontario Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Eliza has completed the Canadian securities courses through the Canadian Securities Institute