Delila is a driven and compassionate advocate committed to delivering meaningful client-centered legal services and contributing to the legal profession.
As an associate in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution Group at Gardiner Roberts LLP, she maintains a broad litigation practice with a focus on commercial disputes and professional liability litigation. Prior to joining the firm as an associate in 2022, Delila summered and articled at Gardiner Roberts.
Delila obtained her JD from Osgoode Hall Law School, where she pursued opportunities to advance access to justice and develop her advocacy skills.
Prior to law school, Delila spent a lot of time as a researcher in the Balkans, especially in her hometown of Sarajevo, working on various projects concerning the rebuilding of the rule of law and minority integration post-conflict.
- Business and Corporate Commercial
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Professional Liability
Articles and Presentations
- Foreign buyer ban: Realtors urged to review due diligence, Real Estate Magazine – January 18, 2023
- Tort of “family violence” provides new way to seek damages for domestic abuse, LexisNexis Canada’s Canadian Family Guide - June 2022
- Prophylactic disgorgement order in case of corporate malfeasance imposed by Ontario Court of Appeal - December 2021
- Unfulfilled Promise to Transfer Family Property Upheld by Court of Appeal for Ontario, Real Estate Magazine - November 2021
- Ontario’s “appropriate means” test for limitation periods after Grant Thornton v. New Brunswick - October 2021
- The perils of not having a written contract for a home construction project, Real Estate Magazine - September 2021
- Member, Law Society of Ontario
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, The Advocates Society
- Alumni, Junior Fellowship at Massey College, University of Toronto
- Mentor, Hart House Mentorship Program
- Director of Operations & Board Member, Dominion Mock Trial
Beyond the Office
Outside of the office, Delila enjoys exploring the Toronto’s food and art scene, reading historical fiction, listening to classical music, travelling, and playing tennis.