Carole represents both domestic and international trucking and bus companies on a wide range of transportation matters including regulatory compliance, defence of provincial offences, contract drafting and commercial litigation.
Carole also practices employment law, advising both federally and provincially regulated employers in Canada, and employers internationally, on compliance with employment standards, the management of human rights issues, including the duty to accommodate, and on occupational health and safety compliance including responding to workplace harassment complaints. She also drafts employment contracts, independent-contractor agreements, non-disclosure, non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, workplace policies, procedures and employee handbooks. Carole also assists her clients with the preparation of termination packages, and responding to wrongful dismissal claims, unjust dismissal complaints, and human rights applications.
She appears on her clients’ behalf before the Ontario Court of Justice, the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, the Ontario Court of Appeal, the Ontario Highway Transport Board, the Licence Appeal Tribunal, the Ontario Labour Relations Board, Canada Industrial Relations Board, the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal and the Canadian Human Rights Tribunal.
- Carscallen v. FRI Corporation, 2006 CanLII 31723 (ONCA)
- Carscallen v. FRI Corporation, 2006 CanLII 20815 (ONSC)
- 10168 v. Registrar of Motor Vehicles, 2016 CanLII 50120 (ON LAT)
Articles and Presentations
- Driver Inc. challenges triggered by complaints, audits, and questionnaires , Today's Trucking - 2/23/2023
- Canadian Transport Lawyers Association (Current Position, President)
- Transportation Lawyers Association
- Lexpert leading practitioner – Road and Rail
- Best Lawyers in Canada – 2008-2024 (Transportation Law)
- Doyle’s Guide TM Leading Transport Lawyers – Canada: Recommended Lawyer