Andrea is an experienced and versatile lawyer specializing in maritime and transportation matters. She has represented clients in the courts of many Canadian jurisdictions including Ontario, British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Nova Scotia, PEI, and in the Federal Court.
Andrea is involved in all aspects of transportation law including, marine, trucking, freight forwarding, rail, and warehousing. She has experience in dealing with cargo disputes, property damage and casualty matters, collisions, limitation of liability proceedings, contract disputes, and vessel arrests.
Andrea also has considerable experience in insurance coverage and defence matters as well as general commercial litigation. She has acted in a broad range of commercial matters, including shareholder disputes, franchise disputes, oppression and equitable remedies, and product liability matters.
- Successfully defended a freight broker at trial from a cargo damage claim
- Successfully represented a waterski school in a judicial review of a decision made by Transport Canada
- Successfully represented a manufacturer at trial in connection with their claim for cargo damage during rail transport
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Transportation Law
- Maritime Law
Articles and Presentations
- Co-Author of “The Law of Freight Forwarding and Freight Brokering in Common Law Jurisdictions”, Aerospark Press, 2022
- Honest Misunderstanding of One’s Rights Does Not Amount To Bad Faith, Fernandes Hearn LLP Newsletter (February 2022)
- “Independent Contractors” Beware: 9267-2245 Quebec Inc. v. M.N.R., The Transportation Lawyer (July 2020)
- Canadian Transportation Lawyers Association
- Toronto Transportation Club
- Canadian Maritime Law Association
- Canadian Board of Marine Underwriters
- Toronto Lawyers Association