Corporate Legal Assistant
Gardiner Roberts LLP is an established full-service law firm located in the heart of Toronto’s downtown business district. Founded in 1920, we provide a wide range of legal services in all areas of the law including corporate, litigation, administrative, commercial lending, securities, real estate, professional liability, health care, intellectual property and non-profit and charities. At Gardiner Roberts, we believe that we are only as good as our people. For this reason, we place a high value on personal growth and continuously work hard to maintain a progressive and responsive workplace that has an environment of collegiality, mutual respect and trust.
Gardiner Roberts LLP is seeking a Corporate Legal Assistant. The successful candidate should possess a minimum of three to five (3-5) years of law firm experience.
- Process and revise electronic documents including dictation, editing and preparing black lining as necessary
- Familiarity with all forms of legal documents including agreements, letters, memos, presentations, organizational charts and practice specific documents
- Docket entry, pre-bill and account preparation
- Practice management including, appointment scheduling and arranging conference calls
- Maintenance of extensive filing system and databases
- Prioritization of mail (including electronic), workload, and all time sensitive deadlines
- Draft correspondence and documents on behalf of the instructing lawyer/clerk
- Draft final reports and preparation of report books
- Apply proofreading and editing skills to documents and correspondence
- File management and keeping clerks/lawyers apprised of matters
- Excellent computer skills including Windows, Microsoft Office 2010, including Word, Excel, Outlook and various other applications such as DM, Teraview, The Conveyancer
- A team player attitude with excellent communication skills for liaising lawyers, staff and clients
- Ability to work independently with excellent judgment to follow instructions with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Solid understanding of corporate transactions including mergers, acquisitions, commercial documents
- Solid understanding of financing transactions including secured loan transactions and an ability and willingness to assist with the closing and preparation of standard form documents is an asset
- Excellent typing, proofreading and digital transcription skills
- Detail oriented and work well in a busy team environment
Interested candidates should send resumes to Talin Artinian at email@example.com by November 2, 2018.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Gardiner Roberts LLP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and people with disabilities. Should candidates wish to receive the above posting in an alternative format, please contact Talin Artinian, Human Resources Manager by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone at 416.865.6735.